When it comes to the dogs of Instagram, we have a lot of favorites, but @winnythecorgi is definitely one of them! Not only is Winny one of the cutest Corgis you ever met, his mom, Rachel, is a real life pet photographer (with a background in fashion, we should add). Of course, her feed filled with Winny's "puns, derp faces and adventures" is spectacular.
Fortunately for us, Rachel spilled the beans about how to take fabulous pet portraits. Here's her 8 top pet photography tips:
1. Take pictures at your pet's level to discover their best angle.
2. Have fun! Combine photo taking and play time for more relaxed, natural portraits.
3. Teach your dog basic commands, such as sit, stay and lay down.
4. Find out what motivates your pet (i.e. toys or treats) and use it when taking pictures.
5. Keep the focus of your photos on your pet's eyes.
6. Explore your area to find picturesque backgrounds.
7. Keep your sessions brief so your pet doesn't get bored or annoyed.
8. Last but not least, be patient!
Great tips for capturing great portraits!