Give Back to Pets in Need this Holiday Season - 5 Fun & Easy Ways
Tis the season for giving back to those in need, especially the ones who keep our local pets warm and fed all year long. So while your decking the halls and trimming the tree, perhaps there’s a little something you can do to help our little ones awaiting their forever homes and those that care for them most.
Tis the season for giving back to those in need, especially the ones who keep our local pets warm and fed all year long. So while your decking the halls and trimming the tree, perhaps there’s a little something you can do to help our little ones awaiting their forever homes and those that care for them most. Our friends at Brother Wolf Animal Rescue, a compassionate no-kill animal shelter, have a few fun ways to help support their efforts whether you’re near or far and we have one to add to the mix.
Here’s are 5 fun and easy ways for you to give back to pets in need this holiday season:
1) Make a Donation & it will be Doubled! During the holidays, every dollar you donate to Brother Wolf will be doubled! Help them reach their matching goal challenge of $30,000 with any donation large or small so they can keep pets out of kill shelters and safely awaiting their happy future family: https://www.bwar.org/holiday-matching-challenge/
2) Start your 2015 Resolution Early and Run for the Pets-- on New Year's Day dust off those running shoes for Brother Wolf’s Inaugural Resolution 5K Run, information & registration here: www.bwar.org/events/resolution-run-5k
3) Grab Something Extra at the Grocery Store! The rescue is always in need of dog and cat food (canned and dry), cat litter, cat and dog toys, leashes/collars, paper towels, bleach, and laundry detergent. Just swing by and drop off the bag in exchange for a bear hug and loving paw of gratitude.
4) Share our ‘Rescue & Shelter Donation Program’ with your Local Animal Rescue. We support all nonprofit animal rescues and shelters by providing free tag donations to help them keep track of their pets more efficiently. Pass along this link with all of the information to your local rescue or shelter to help them help our pets in need: https://www.dogtagart.com/Shelter-Rescue-Program
5) Donate Gently Used Items you no Longer Need. Brother Wolf Animal Rescue can always take second hand items (anything except mattresses) to one of their two thrift store locations: Second Chances at 49 Glendale Ave or their west Asheville location at 697 Haywood Rd.
P.S. Anyone who adopts a dog, puppy, cat, or kitten between Monday, December 22nd and Wednesday, December 24th can have their newly adopted family member delivered to their home for a small additional donation on top of their adoption fee. Brother Wolf Animal Rescue is excited to bring the newest addition to your family right to your door (dressed in full elf attire)! That’s right, they’re delivering pets within 10 miles of Asheville, NC (and will consider going further if necessary). Take a look at their site for their current pets up for adoption and shoot them an email with any questions you may have, email@example.com.
P.P.S. Don't forget that Dog Tag Art's personalized pet tags make excellent gifts. Happy Howlodays everyone!
~ Tiffany Faith and her beloved dog Bella are both ready for the Holiday Season this year. They both know how important giving back to animals can be, especially at this time of year when a lot of us are focused on giving gifts to our human friends and family. Tiffany researched and wrote this article for Dog Tag Art pet id tags to share a few ways that our fans can contribute to the animals as well this holiday.